GMC Sierra Owners Manual
Driving for Better Fuel Economy
Driving habits can affect fuel mileage. Here are some driving tips to get the best fuel economy possible.
• Avoid fast starts and accelerate smoothly.
• Brake gradually and avoid abrupt stops.
• Avoid idling the engine for long periods of time.
• When road and weather conditions are appropriate, use cruise control.
• Always follow posted speed limits or drive more slowly when conditions require.
• Keep vehicle tires properly inflated.
• Combine several trips into a single trip.
• Replace the vehicle's tires with the same TPC Spec number molded into the tire's sidewall near the size.
• Follow recommended scheduled maintenance.