GMC Sierra Owners Manual
Engine Oil Life System
The engine oil life system calculates engine oil life based on vehicle use and, on most vehicles, displays a DIC message when it is necessary to change the engine oil and filter.
The oil life system should be reset to 100% only following an oil change.
Resetting the Oil Life System
To reset the Engine Oil Life System on most vehicles:
1. Display OIL LIFE REMAINING on the DIC. If the vehicle does not have DIC buttons, the vehicle must be in P (Park) to access this display.
2. Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the DIC, or the trip odometer reset stem if the vehicle does not have DIC buttons, for more than five seconds. The oil life will change to 100%.
On all vehicles, the Engine Oil Life System can be reset as follows:
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
2. Fully press the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
3. Display OIL LIFE REMAINING on the DIC. If the display shows 100%, the system is reset.
See Engine Oil Life System on page 10‑10.