GMC Sierra Owners Manual
Roadside Assistance Program (Mexico)
As a new owner, your vehicle is automatically enrolled in the Roadside Assistance program. The services are available at no cost under the terms and conditions of the program. The Roadside Assistance program is not part of, or included, in the coverage provided by the new vehicle limited warranty.
Roadside Assistance provides assistance to the driver and passengers while driving the vehicle within your city of residence or on any passable road in Mexico, the United States, and Canada.
Services are subject to the limitations described in the following pages. Program coverage varies by country.
Roadside Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
This program expires two years from the date of the invoice for the vehicle, regardless of vehicle mileage and changes in vehicle ownership.
For more information about the renewal of this program at the end of its term, contact the GMC Customer Assistance Center at 01-800-466-0801.
• Flat Tire Change: If unable to change a flat tire, Roadside Assistance will provide towing service to the nearest authorized GMC dealership. It is the owner's responsibility for the repair or replacement of the tire.
This service is limited to the transfer of the vehicle to the repair facility.
• Emergency Fuel Delivery:
Delivery of enough fuel for the vehicle to get to the nearest service station.
• Lock-Out Service: Service to unlock the vehicle if you are locked out.
• Battery Jump Start: Service to jump start a dead battery.
• *Emergency Messages:
Transmission of urgent phone messages.
• *Emergency Calls: Call for emergency services.
• *Dealership Location Assistance: Information regarding addresses and telephone numbers for GMC dealers.
• Emergency Towing: Tow to the nearest dealer for warranty service if the vehicle cannot be driven.
If the vehicle is involved in an accident during the commission of a crime, administrative violation, or breach of traffic regulations, Roadside Assistance will not provide service. When the vehicle is not accessible to be towed, all maneuvers required to access it will be at the owner's expense.
If the vehicle is in another city outside of your residence, Roadside Assistance is limited to moving the vehicle to the nearest dealer. If you would like the vehicle moved to a different dealer, you will be asked to cover the difference in cost at the time of the move.
If the vehicle cannot be received by the nearest GMC dealer due to scheduling conflicts, the vehicle will be taken to a safe place where it will remain for up to 48 hours until it can be taken to the dealer. If the storage costs exceed the amount authorized, the owner is responsible to pay the difference at the time of service. Contact Roadside Assistance for more information on authorized amounts.
• *Trip Interruption: This service is provided if you are prevented from further usage of your vehicle while traveling and it is not possible for the nearest GMC dealership to repair the vehicle the same day, requiring the vehicle to stay at the dealership for a night or more.
If this happens, in addition to the previously listed services and prior to confirmation by the dealership, you are entitled to choose one of the following alternatives, within the limits of existing Roadside Assistance program guidelines. If the costs exceed the amount authorized for these services, you must pay the difference at the time of service.
Roadside Assistance will coordinate hotel accommodations for all vehicle travelers for up to two nights.
A rental car will be provided for up to two days and the vehicle must be returned to its original destination, excluding vehicles with a carrying capacity greater than 3.5 tons.
Complimentary Transportation: If you prefer to continue your trip to the intended destination or return to your place of residence, and the trip requires more than eight hours driving on the road, transportation for the driver and passengers by first class bus or coach commercial airline will be provided to a location chosen by Roadside Assistance, depending on availability at the chosen destination. Restrictions apply based on vehicle specifications.
If you are on the road, taxi service to the nearest bus station or airport will be provided.
• *Complimentary Transportation for Vehicle Pick Up: Transportation to pick up your vehicle after repairs are complete. Once the dealer has reported that the vehicle has been repaired, Roadside Assistance will provide bus or commercial airline one-way service (subject to availability) for the person designated by you to collect your vehicle at the dealership's location if you or the designated person are not in the same town or city as the dealership.
*These services are not provided for U.S. or Canada residents. All services provided in the U.S. and Canada are at the owner's expense and will be reimbursed by Roadside Assistance.
Services Not Included in Roadside Assistance
Roadside Assistance does not cover or reimburse services for the following:
• Events caused by fraud or bad faith by the driver.
• Vehicle immobilization situations due to a major force or unforeseen circumstances, such as natural phenomena of an extraordinary nature, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and other cyclonic storms.
• Vehicle immobilization situations arising from car accidents caused by the driver of the vehicle or third parties. This means any occurrence that causes physical injury to the occupants and/or the vehicle caused by external forces.
• Acts of terrorism, riot or uproar, armed forces or police actions which prevent timely delivery of assistance services.
• Food service, beverages, telephone calls, or other extra costs. Accommodation costs apply only to Mexico per the terms and conditions of the Roadside Assistance program.
• Any damage to the vehicle without intent, derived from the services provided.
• Cost of towing a trailer when choosing a GMC dealer that is nearest to the temporary storage facility for the disabled vehicle.
• Cost of all maneuvers required to access the vehicle when it is not available to be towed.
• Cost of fuel provided.
Routine vehicle repair costs are not covered by the Roadside Assistance program. For more information, see your new vehicle warranty.
Contacting Roadside Assistance
Roadside Assistance services are of no cost to you and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Costs are only incurred in situations that exceed the limits of the program, some of which are listed previously in this section.
To contact Roadside Assistance by phone, use the following numbers:
GMC reserves the right to make any changes or discontinue the Roadside Assistance program at any time without notification.