GMC Sierra Owners Manual
Tire Rotation and Required Services Every 12 000 km/7,500 mi
Rotate the tires, if recommended for the vehicle, and perform the following services. See Tire Rotation on page 10‑68.
• Check engine oil level and oil life percentage. If needed, change engine oil and filter, and reset oil life system. See Engine Oil on page 10‑7 and Engine Oil Life System on page 10‑10.
• Check engine coolant level. See Engine Coolant on page 10‑20.
• Check windshield washer fluid level. See Washer Fluid on page 10‑28.
• Visually inspect windshield wiper blades for wear, cracking, or contamination. See Exterior Care on page 10‑102. Replace worn or damaged wiper blades. See Wiper Blade Replacement on page 10‑39.
• Check tire inflation pressures. See Tire Pressure on page 10‑62.
• Inspect tire wear. See Tire Inspection on page 10‑68.
• Visually check for fluid leaks.
• Inspect engine air cleaner filter. See Engine Air Cleaner/Filter on page 10‑17.
• Inspect brake system.
• Visually inspect steering, suspension, and chassis components for damaged, loose, or missing parts or signs of wear. See Exterior Care on page 10‑102.
• Check restraint system components. See Safety System Check on page 3‑21.
• Visually inspect fuel system for damage or leaks.
• Visually inspect exhaust system and nearby heat shields for loose or damaged parts.
• Lubricate body components. See Exterior Care on page 10‑102.
• Check starter switch. See Starter Switch Check on page 10‑37.
• Check automatic transmission shift lock control function. See Automatic Transmission Shift Lock Control Function Check on page 10‑37.
• Check ignition transmission lock.
See Ignition Transmission Lock Check on page 10‑38.
• Check parking brake and automatic transmission park mechanism. See Park Brake and P (Park) Mechanism Check on page 10‑38.
• Check accelerator pedal for damage, high effort, or binding. Replace if needed.
• Visually inspect gas strut for signs of wear, cracks, or other damage. Check the hold open ability of the strut. See your dealer if service is required.
• Inspect sunroof track and seal, if equipped. See Sunroof (Extended Cab) on page 2‑20 or Sunroof (Crew Cab) on page 2‑21.
• Check hybrid low pressure coolant level, if equipped.