GMC Sierra Owners Manual
If a floor mat is the wrong size or is not properly installed, it can interfere with the pedals.
Interference with the pedals can cause unintended acceleration and/or increased stopping distance which can cause a crash and injury. Make sure the floor mat does not interfere with the pedals.
Use the following guidelines for proper floor mat usage.
• The original equipment floor mats were designed for the vehicle. If the floor mats need replacing, it is recommended that GM certified floor mats be purchased. Non-GM floor mats may not fit properly and may interfere with the pedals. Always check that the floor mats do not interfere with the pedals.
• Use the floor mat with the correct side up. Do not turn it over.
• Do not place anything on top of the driver side floor mat.
• Use only a single floor mat on the driver side.
• Do not place one floor mat on top of another.