GMC Sierra Owners Manual
Taillamps, Turn Signal, Stoplamps, and Back-Up Lamps
To replace one of these bulbs:
1. Open the tailgate. See Tailgate on page 2‑10 for more information.
2. Remove the two rear lamp assembly screws near the tailgate latch strikerpost and pull rearward until disengaging the two outer pins on the taillamp assembly from the vehicle.
A. Stoplamp/Taillamp/Turn Signal Lamp
3. Turn the bulb socket counterclockwise to remove it from the taillamp assembly.
4. Pull the old bulb straight out from the socket.
5. Press a new bulb into the socket and turn the socket clockwise into the taillamp assembly.
6. Reinstall the taillamp assembly.