GMC Sierra Owners Manual
Remote Vehicle Start
With this feature the engine can be started from outside of the vehicle.
Starting the Vehicle
1. Aim the RKE transmitter at the vehicle.
2. Press and release .
3. Immediately after completing Step 2, press and hold until the turn signal lamps flash.
When the vehicle starts, the parking lamps will turn on and remain on as long as the engine is running. The doors will be locked and the climate control system may come on.
The engine will continue to run for 10 minutes. Repeat the steps for a 10-minute time extension. Remote start can be extended only once.
Canceling a Remote Start
To cancel a remote start:
• Aim the RKE transmitter at the vehicle and press and hold until the parking lamps turn off.
• Turn on the hazard warning flashers.
• Turn the ignition on and then back off.